For those of you who have purchased a home in Myrtle Beach to serve as your “vacation home”, congratulations for making that dream happen! Now, whether you plan to “VRBO it” or just keep it for yourself and family members, you are likely to want or need an occasional “report” on the condition of the property. You are in luck because I have combined my great cloud-based, interactive Inspection Report with my home inspection training, tools, and experience, to offer a “monitoring inspection” at just $49. You can go to my “Schedule Now” button to set up the inspection on-line yourself using the Scheduling tool, and you can pay on-line so there is no need to even call me! Just set it up and then look for the automated confirmations and reminders.
AND, if you used my Home Inspection Services when you bought your new Vacation Home, the first monitoring inspection is FREE! I will give you a special code to use during check out. Order it up on-line all the way!
Now, don’t hesitate to call me if you prefer that I schedule your vacation home monitoring inspection, or if you have further questions. Call (843.444.2150) and I will set up the appointment and send you the link to pay online with any credit or debit card. We can find you an open time slot.
What’s included in this $49 “monitoring inspection”? Below is a detailed list of points to be inspected. Note that this is a special, limited inspection, only for the purpose of “monitoring” a remote vacation home in Greater Myrtle Beach (and south to Garden City) & North MB (incl Cherry Grove and Little River).
The primary objective is to ensure the home is safe & secure and that everything is working properly. The secondary objective is to provide photos/videos in an easy-to-use format that you can review from anywhere at anytime, on a smartphone, tablet, or desktop. The result is a stunningly easy way to be confident that your home is in good shape for the next member of the family or the next renter (or the day after the storm), for only $49.
- Photo of Front Door, Back Door, other exterior doors as needed – with photos of each, and with comments on condition of locks and latches as needed
- Photo of each exterior stair and/or deck
- Photo of any pool and/or spa (with water temp of each)
- Photo of car port or garage along with the testing garage doors
- Testing of all fixtures, lights, outlets, small appliances
- Testing of all large appliances, televisions with cable, and I will also report if wi-fi appears in the connection list on my phone
- Water temp at each bathroom and the kitchen sink
- Thermal Image scans of each bathroom and each closet, looking for mildew or mold growth
- Check windows (report the state of any windows that are open)
- Check smoke alarms (and Carbon Monoxide alarms where present)
- If there is a separate laundry, a photo and condition-status comment is included in the report
- If on the beach, I will take a walk down and look at any beach access decks that go with the home (private);
You can’t get your brother or father-in-law to do that, right? Kidding aside, this is something anyone can use if you own a vacation home somewhere in the Long Bay area, aka the Grand Strand!
Contact me for more information or to set up a “monitoring inspection” for your vacation home, at 843.444.2150, or go the Scheduler page and look for Vacation Home Monitoring Inspection for $49 (no discounts applied to this service). There is an adder of $10 for each bathroom over 4 full bathrooms.
Thanks for checking out this new service!
Owner/Inspector, Long Bay Home Inspection LLC